Deadlifts – irreplaceable for a strong and well-built body
The deadlift is one of the most powerful exercises as it simultaneously works on multiple muscles. It activates the whole body and such activation is key to higher hormonal response of testosterone and human growth hormone. Doing this exercise with proper form is very important if you are to get the maximum out of it but also to prevent possible injuries. That’s why it is important to know how to deadlift with proper form.
How to deadlift, the right way
- Your feet should be under the center of the bar with a hip-wide stance. Lower your back on the hips to grip the bar. Keep your back slightly arched inwardly and tight. Hands should be placed at a shoulder width. In case of heavier weights hold the bar with alternating grip – one palm facing you, the other facing forward.
- Inhale and lower your hips bending your knees. Your shins should almost touch the bar. Keep your head straight and look forward. Bring your chest out and keep your back tight and slightly arched inwardly (do not round your back). Push up with your heels to lift the weight.
- After the bar passes your shins, pull it back while contracting your shoulder blades together and slightly move your hips toward the bar. This movement is performed with your lower back.
- Lower the bar down to the floor bending your back at the hips. While lowering the bar it should almost touch you shins.
- Exhale while lowering the bar.
Muscles trained with deadlifts:
- Upper part of legs (back, front, inside and outside part)
- Lower back
- Neck muscles
- Rhomboid muscles
- Abs (front and obliques)
Practice how to deadlift with proper form by doing these steps with an empty bar at first. Proper form is more important than the weights, or than the number of repetitions or sets.The most powerful exercises